Do You Plan To Leave The World BITTER or BETTER Than You Met It?
Matthew 5:13-16 (KJV)
13. Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? It is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
14. Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid.
15. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
The definition of impact is one thing crashing into or having an effect/influence on another. An example of impact is the effect that humans are having on the environment. An impact could be positive or negative.
We shall consider deeper meanings of impact;
Biblical examples of those that made impact;
Facts to note about impact;
The Recipe for making Positive impact;
Ponder on these…;
Let us get a deeper meaning of impact
In my quietness I ask myself these questions:
• When and how will I die?
• What will I be remembered for?
• What Legacy will I leave behind when I am gone?
• Would I have left the world bitter or better than I met it?
When people die, they do not go with a penny, and they leave all their assets or liabilities to their loved ones.
I saw a very strange burial some time ago where this particular lady was buried with some makeup, monies and things they thought she liked in her life time because of her effort towards beauty. I kept wondering to myself if she was going to use them where she was going and who will it attract in Heaven or Hell? This is an example of a Carnal impact.
We also remember the story of a man who buried his mum in a Hummer jeep, He did this to honour his mum with his wealth, only if he knew that cars are not driven in Heaven or Hell and that was just more raw material for fire especially if his mum did not make heaven. This is also another example of a Carnal Impact.
Shockingly, as soon as a man or woman dies, all you hear is what the person has done or not done, you hear things like;
Oh! He was a very wicked and terrible man, His evil eventually caught up with him!
Oh! How I want to be like this man/woman he/she inspired me to being a better person.
If I hit my fist against a wall, one of two thing will happen; either my fist or the wall breaks and feel the impact.
What will be said about you after your sojourn on earth?
An outstanding account of a woman who made impact in the Bible:
Acts 9:36-42 (KJV)
36 Now there was at Joppa a certain disciple named Tabitha, which by interpretation is called Dorcas: this woman was full of good works and alms deeds which she did.
37 And it came to pass in those days, that she was sick, and died: whom when they had washed, they laid her in an upper chamber.
38 And forasmuch as Lydda was nigh to Joppa, and the disciples had heard that Peter was there, they sent unto him two men, desiring him that he would not delay to come to them.
39 Then Peter arose and went with them. When he was come, they brought him into the upper chamber: and all the widows stood by him weeping, and sewing the coats and garments which Dorcas made, while she was with them.
40 But Peter put them all forth, and kneeled down, and prayed; and turning him to the body said, Tabitha, arise. And she opened her eyes: and when she saw Peter, she sat up.
41 And he gave her his hand, and lifted her up, and when he had called the saints and widows, presented her alive.
42 And it was known throughout all Joppa; and many believed in the Lord.
We can see from this scripture, a woman named Tabitha/Dorcas, the bible recorded that she was full of good deeds, she died and the people rallied to call Peter to raise her from the dead, and even long after she was gone we and our generations yet unborn will still continue to hear about her…Now this is a positive IMPACT!
We also had David, Daniel, Noah, Joseph, Moses, Isaac, father Abraham and all the great men that made an impact in the bible, we still hear about them even after thousands of years!
Facts to note about Impact
• A Life is useless except it is impacting other lives positively.
• The gifts and talents God has given to us are to be used to make positive impact on others.
• Any impact you make in people’s lives, you positively impact your own life just like we read about Dorcas who was brought back to life because of her good works.
• The meaningful impact you make determines your success in life.
• When you leave the earth all you leave behind is impact.
• When you die will men see your footprints in the sands of time?
• An individual can make a great impact in a nation or community.
• Impact is not what you did but how people have benefited from what you did.
• It is important you make your life count while you are still alive and here in this world.
• Your impact is the reason or purpose for which you were born.
• Your impact is your purpose which you will give account of on the last day, Don’t be like that believer that went with his backpack full to heaven and God asked him why he came with this heavy load on his back and he told God, oh Lord, this is the book I was supposed to write, the evangelism I was supposed to do, the singing ministry he was to establish while on earth! What a waste of divine resources!
• Impact is to have a strong positive effect on others.
• The impact you make determines how far you go in life.
• Sadly, most people die without making impact.
• People of impact are never satisfied with their own lives. They always help to ensure others succeed.
• They are willing to go the extra mile and take up things that are not convenient.
• They are willing to do what others will not do.
• They are agents of change and they also affects even generations yet unborn.
• And they don’t expect anything in return.
The Recipe for positive impact?
1. Staying in God to reveal his purpose for your life.
2. Spending more time in his words and obeying him.
3. Examining your circle of friends/influences.
4. Being a friend of God and fleeing from all appearances of evil.
5. Stop Procrastination and ACT NOW.
Ponder on these:
• The spirit of a man is the candle of the Lord -Proverbs 20:27a
• When a candle is not lighted, it is standing in darkness -Luke 11:33
• For a candle to stand without light it is not fulfilling purpose.
• Until Light comes in contact with the candle, the purpose of the candle is not fulfilled.
• The spirit of man is the candle.
• Man is not complete until fire is lighted in his spirit man.
• The spirit of God is the lighter.
• The Voice of your conscience is the voice of your spirit.
• The conscience is the inner accuser and voice of your spirit.
• The Lack of spiritual insight is the mother of all failures.
• Spiritual darkness is the absence of God who is light.
• For you to be effective in the realms of the spirit you must address every darkness in your spirit.
Remember the presence or absence of salt in your food is absolutely felt.
Let us go out there and make impact thereby leaving the world BETTER than we met it.
May God Bless you real good!
Leave A Comment